Unifi : Frequently Ask Questions
Do I pay a separate bill for the services bundled in Unifi?
All bundled services offered under the Unifi package will be bundled as one amount in the Unifi bill.
All other charges (value-added services, call charges to mobile and non-TM fixed lines) that are not covered as part of the bundle will be listed separately in the same bill.
However, for any of your existing services that you choose to maintain even after you have subscribed to Unifi (i.e., Streamyx, Business Broadband, TM Homeline/Businessline), you will receive a separate bill.
TM offer Unifi in 3 residential and 3 business packages.
For residential VIP5 is RM149 a month, VIP10 is RM199 a month and VIP20 is RM249 a month. Each package comes with voice, different Internet speeds and either a basic or premium HyppTV subscription.
For businesses, BIZ5 is RM199 a month, BIZ10 is RM599 a month and BIZ20 is RM899 a month. Each package comes with attractive call plans, different Internet speeds and a host of complimentary services.
What is the difference between HyppTV and other satellite TV operators?
HyppTV is different from other satellite TV operators in that it is transmitted via a broadband network. This gives you added benefits such as not being susceptible to bad weather, as well as fast Internet access via HyppTV.
Being a broadband platform, you can also expect other IP-based services in the future. HyppTV also differs in term of the pricing model, which is an On-Demand approach, which means you pay only for the channels, movies or series you want to watch, rather than pay for the whole package, with no extra monthly fees involved.
In addition, the service delivers Series on Demand such as CSI past season/Hollywood Premiere, offering customers more exciting and up-to-date content.
How can UniFi benefit me?
You will be able to experience the highest speed connection available in the market and this will enable you to tap into many services such as online games, downloadable rich content, virtual interaction (video calls) and an enriched shopping experience (rich multimedia virtual shopping, real time merchant tips).
UniFi provides more stable and reliable connections to ensure a premium customer experience.
How long does a typical physical installation and testing take?
The expected installation and testing will take approximately 4 to 8 hrs depending on the type of premises and the sensitive nature and complexity of fibre optic installations.
An installation involves site survey, ducting, piping, electrical work and equipment configuration.
Does UniFi have a Fair Usage Policy (FUP)? Does the FUP differ across packages?
ALL UniFi packages are subject to a Fair Usage Policy. FUP is a standard global practice to ensure that a good quality of experience is provided to all customers.
In addition, UniFi packages for consumers come with a monthly download volume allocation.
However, the FUP will not impact customers who do not exhibit unfair usage behavior, and will not impact the delivery of IPTV and value added services.
What is the monthly download volume imposed?
VIP5 package comes with 60GB monthly download volume. VIP10 package comes with 90GB monthly download volume. VIP20 package comes with 120GB monthly download volume. The monthly download volume will not be implemented until further notice. There will be no volume capping for UniFi’s Business packages.
Can I upgrade / downgrade my Unifi package?
Subscribers are allowed to upgrade to higher-priced packages at any time. Subscribers will be allowed to downgrade after the current promotional FREE subscription period at no cost.
However, any downgrades carried out within the minimum contract period (normal subscriptions) will be subject to a Downgrade Fee of RM200. (subject to change without further notice).
In the event of an upgrade or downgrade, the contract period shall be renewed and a new 24-month contract will take effect from the upgrade/downgrade date.
What should I do if my UniFi equipment is faulty?
Free one-to-one replacement shall be granted for faulty units due to manufacturing defects within the warranty period.
Once the warranty period has expired, customer is responsible to replace or repair the faulty equipment at their own cost. For customer service, you can call our TM UniFi Centre at 1-300-88-1221.
When will I get my first bill after I subscribe to the UniFi package?
The first bill can be expected around 1 month after service is activated.
The first bill will also include a one month advance payment.
What if I need to relocate my UniFi service? Are there any charges that I need to pay?
Relocation requests can be made at select TMPoints or through the TM UniFi Centre.
Generally, relocation is possible but is subject to service availability. A relocation fee of RM300 shall apply.
Is there any penalty if I terminate my Unifi service?
For termination within the minimum contract period, customers shall pay a penalty of RM500.
There will be no penalty charges for termination after the minimum contract period. Customers must also settle any outstanding bill prior to termination. For more information, please refer to your service Terms & Conditions.
10 Things You Should Know About UniFi
1. This service is a 24- month contract and a termination fee of RM500 is chargeable for termination of service within the contract period.
2. If your premises reside in high rise building served via copper, you must terminate your existing Streamyx service (if any).
3. Minimal drilling is required for fibre installation to the premise. You will be responsible for providing TV and 4-socket extension cord to complete the installation. No installation appointment will be made for premises under renovation.
4. All triple play services (internet, voice and TV) must be activated during service installation. Partial service activation is not allowed.
5. UniFi is a wired broadband service. Wireless connectivity is an option and is subject to interference and obstructions factor.
6. UniFi account owner or authorised contact person must be available during the service installation. For high rise premises, owners are required to make arrangement with Building Management Office for installation permission, internal cabling and access to telecommunication room.
7. Installation fee includes external cable entrance up to the internal wiring with maximum of 15 metres for fiber cable, 15 meters for Ethernet/phone cables and 30 metres for casing (raceway). Additional charges will be applied for cable more than 15 metres and 30 metres casing (raceway) and charges will be included in your UniFi bill.
8. For other non-standard installation e.g. wiring above ceiling, underground and conceal wiring, you may appoint your own contractor or deal directly with TM appointed contractor. Payment will be made directly to the contractor.
9. Please provide correct and valid Billing Address / Postal Address. Select either paper bill or e-mail bill (please provide valid and preferred e-mail address). Bill is also accessible at myUniFi (https://occ.unifi.my). TM may impose a minimal monthly charge for paper bill with notification given.
10. All UniFi equipment provided by TM is subject to 12 months warranty period.
UniFi Home Package - FREE Equipment
Broadband Termination Unit (BTU) :
- This unit functions as a modem and translates the pulses of light that carry data over the UniFi fiber optic cable into electrical signals.
Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) Phone :
- DECT Phone is a portable fixed-line, in-house cordless phone set to deliver UniFi’s telephone service. Enjoy Unlimited FREE Calls to TM Fixed Line Nationwide.
Residential Gateway (RG) :
- The RG operates as a router which provides High Speed Internet access, HyppTV and phone service. The RG can provide WIFI connection with other 802.11n wireless devices.
Set-Top-Box (STB) :
- STB is a terminal that provides streaming services through a television. HyppTV services works when a STB is connected to a TV.
* UniFi Telephone line can support fax service.